OM Digital Solutions Australia Pty Ltd
THIS WARRANTY IS EFFECTIVE ONLY IN THE OCEANIA REGION, INCLUDING AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND THE PACIFIC ISLANDS. PRODUCTS PURCHASED IN THE OCEANIA REGION SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THIS WARRANTY AND NO OTHER WORLDWIDE WARRANTY.
This Warranty, is governed by and is in addition to your rights under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (including the Australian Consumer Law), is issued by OM DIGITAL SOLUTIONS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD for a period of two years for purchases of an Olympus / OM SYSTEM Micro Four-Thirds cameras and lenses, ten years for purchases of Olympus Binoculars and one year on all other Olympus / OM SYSTEM Consumer Products.
All claims under this Warranty should be made by following the procedure set out below.
- Subject to any rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law, if your product proves to be defective, although it has been used properly (in accordance with the written Handling Care and Operating instructions supplied with it), you may be entitled to:
(a) rescind your contract with the dealer;
(b) a refund or partial refund from the dealer;
(c) a repair of the product; or
(d) a replacement of the product.
Please note that goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
- To claim under this Warranty the customer must take the product and proof of purchase to one of the following authorised service centres:
OM Digital Solutions Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 304, 11 Solent Circuit, Norwest, NSW 2153
Phone: 1300 659 678
Hartland Camera Repairs
Unit 7, 16 Stanford Way, Malaga, Western Australia 6090
Phone: (08) 9248 8155
A & E Electronics Ltd
Level 1, 184 Shaw Avenue, New Brighton, Christchurch 8083
Phone: (03) 372 1213
Authorised service centre details are subject to change. All changes will be updated at www.olympus-imaging.com.au/support.
- In circumstances where the product is to be repaired, the customer must also complete the Repair Request form which is available at www.olympus-imaging.com.au/support.
- The customer shall transport the product to the authorised supplier or authorised service centre at their own risk.
- This Australian Warranty does not cover the following, and the customer will be required to pay any repair charge for:
- a) Any defect that occurs due to mishandling (such as an operation performed that is not mentioned in the Handling Care or other sections of the instructions, etc.)
- b) Any defect that occurs due to repair, modification, cleaning or any other action performed by anyone other than the authorised service centre.
- c) Any defect or damage that occurs due to transport, a fall, shock etc. after purchase of the product.
- d) Any defect or damage that occurs due to fire, earthquake, flood damage, thunderbolt, other natural disasters, environmental pollution and irregular voltage sources.
- e) Any defect that occurs due to carelessness or improper storage (such as keeping the product under conditions of high temperature and humidity, near insect repellents such as naphthalene or harmful drugs, etc.) improper maintenance, etc.
- f) Any defect that occurs due to exhausted batteries.
- g) Any defect that occurs due to sand, mud, or any other substance entering the inside of the product casing.
- h) When any alterations whatsoever are made to the Warranty Certificate regarding the year, month and date of purchase, the customer's name, the dealer's name, and the serial number.
- i) When proof of purchase is not presented.
- The Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (including the Australian Consumer Law) and other relevant statutes provide a set of statutory consumer guarantees and other legal rights that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by contract. This Australian Warranty is in addition to and does not affect any of your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other relevant statutes.
In Australia, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Subject to your non-excludable rights under the Australian Consumer Law, OM Digital Solutions Australia expressly excludes any liability for consequential loss, incidental or indirect damages (including but not limited to damages for loss of business profits, business interruption and loss of business information) due to a defect of the product. In particular any loss or damage caused to any lenses or other equipment or accessories used with the product or any loss resulting from a delay in repair are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- If your claim in respect of an Olympus / OM SYSTEM Consumer Product is covered under this Warranty or under the consumer guarantees set out in the Australian Consumer Law, OM Digital Solutions Australia will bear the expense of making the claim. Consumers may make a claim using the contact details for OM Digital Solutions Australia set out above. If, following receipt of a claim under either this Australian Warranty, OM Digital Solutions Australia or its authorised service centre determine that your claim in respect of an Olympus / OM SYSTEM Consumer Product is not covered under this Australian Warranty or the consumer guarantees set out in the Australian Consumer Law, OM Digital Solutions Australia or its authorised service station may charge you for any labour, parts or transport costs incurred by OM Digital Solutions Australia or its authorised service station which costs have previously been agreed with you.
Updated 01 March 2022